Center of Innovation for Manufacturing
Senior Project Manager, 03/16 - Present
- Responsible for daily operations, direct client interaction, business development, and strategic partnerships.
- Facilitate and oversee major research collaborations involving academia, industry, and government through the allocation of an annual budget of $230K.
- Conduct current-state assessments of Georgia manufacturers using Six Sigma to identify opportunities for process improvements and share best practices for competitive growth.
- Employ design thinking practices to lead clients through product development including customer discovery, product design, prototyping, user testing/feedback.
- Coach business startups including LivFul, Sumo Robot League, and The Stair Barrier using Lean Startup principles leading to in an economic benefit of $117,600.
- Manage NW Georgia’s annual National Manufacturing Day event and doubled size and scope of the program.
- Develop strategic partnerships with organizations including Girl Scouts of Georgia, The Bridge Academy, LaunchPad 2X, and Women in Manufacturing.